The Shattered Lands
Below are the guidelines for Character Creation. Please take into account any notes on Errata that might be unique to this setting. Characters start at level 1.
- A character may not multiclass until they have 5 levels in their primary class.
- Multiclassing requires the finding of a teacher.
- Multiclassing prerequisites still have to be met.
- Other guidelines for multi-classed characters are per the PHB.
- Choose your Race – Allowed Races
- Choose your Class – Any PHB class is acceptable. If you have found a class not in the PHB, or a path for a class you are interested in, please let the DM know and he will try to make it fit into the setting. Use your class Hit Die maximum as your starting HP.
- Determine your Ability Scores – 4d6 drop lowest, 6 times, assign as you see fit.
- Describe your Character – Use Chapter 4 of the PHB to help flesh out your character. This is not optional. While there will be plenty of fighting, Adra can be very political, and having a good understanding of who your character is will help you in these situations. Also please, I beg you, choose a background. If you find one in the errata that you like, talk to me and I’ll do my best to accommodate you within the setting.
- Equipment and Spells – Choose your equipment and spells. Use both the PHB and the errata found in this wiki. Level 1 non-spellcasters may not start with magical items. Level 1 spellcasters may start with an enchanted bag if they can afford one.
- Feats – Feats exist in Adra. In chapter 6 of the PHB, we will be using the Feats section for this. At level 1, nonhumans may forego racial ability modifiers for a feat. Humans taking a feat get +1 to three ability scores rather than two. You must still meet all of the feats prerequisites. Feats are completely optional. You are not required to take them, but we will be using the option.